Monday, September 17, 2012

The things kids say....and a day in the homemade life of a domestic diva

Yep, that's what my BFF (and yes, I still call her that..or bestie...how old am I?) has started calling me.  She is convinced that I have gone over to the domestic dark side.  Don't think she won't use this domesticity to her advantage though.  She has issued a challenge that I just had to accept to create baby chicks out of deviled eggs like so....

It is highly coincidental (nudge nudge) that my nephew's birthday party is this coming weekend and said nephew just happens to adore deviled eggs.  Yep uh huh....

Enough of that...I will post pictures (if it turns out!) once I create the baby chicks.

Life has been busy here in the Chase home.  We had our full family together this weekend which always involves lots of cooking and dishes as well as laughs and good times.  I took all the kids to see Finding Nemo in 3D.  We all love that movie and most of us can quote it by heart("I will call him Squishy and he shall be mine.  He shall be my Squishy.")  It was neat seeing it on the big screen but it definitely was not worth the 3D ticket prices for 3D.  After that, we all watched Snow White and the Huntsman which is one of my new faves.  

In my homemade adventures I made my own taco seasoning, baked some delicious and ridiculously easy crusty bread (recipe here), and made my husband some peppermint mocha coffee creamer (he is addicted to the York creamer).  This week is also our first attempt at doing our grocery shopping only once a month in order to be better stewards of God's money.  It feels like I spent all morning shopping and I still have two more stops to make tomorrow.  On the other hand, it'll be great to not to have to go to the store two or three times a week.  I will still need to get milk but only once a week or so.  We tend to go through about three gallons here a week and it would be impossible to store it for an entire month.  I will share tomorrow about all my finds and how close I stayed to my budget.  

And on a completely unrelated note.....Aidan & I had a conversation about college today.  On our way to his PT session, we saw a city bus dropping off several students at one of the downtown campuses for GVSU.  Aidan asked me if it would make me happy to have him go to a local college.  Of course!!!!!  He then proceeded to ask how far away GVSU was because he wanted to make sure it wasn't too far of a drive for me to drop him off at class everyday!  LOL  I find it absolutely adorable that my pre-teen boy thinks I will be driving him to class when he's in college.  

No comments:

Post a Comment