Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Baked Doughnut Recipe

Every time I would pass the doughnut pan in my local Target store, I would pick it up and contemplate putting it in my cart.  Inevitably I would put it back though, thinking that baking doughnuts would be too difficult.  Finally though I caved because I figured that as long as I'm off work, I would have plenty of time to bake and try new things.

Here was my first attempt:  Cinnamon Sugar Doughnuts

 Recipe:

2 cups cake flour, sifted
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 eggs,slightly beaten
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Spray doughnut pan with nonstick cooking spray.

In large mixing bowl, sift together cake flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.  Add buttermilk, eggs and butter.  Beat until just combined.  Fill each doughnut cup approximately 3/4 cup full.

Bake 7-9 minut4es or until the top of the doughnuts spring back when touched.  Let cool in pan for 4-5 minutes before removing.  Finish the doughnuts with chocolate glaze, cinnamon sugar, confectioners' sugar or a topping of your choice.  Doughnuts best served fresh.

Makes 12 doughnuts.


Cinnamon Sugar

6 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 tablespoons cinnamon
4 tablespoons melted butter

In a shallow bowl or plate, stir together the sugar and cinnamon.  Dip the baked doughnut in melted butter and roll in the cinnamon sugar to coat.


No comments:

Post a Comment