Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Bittersweet

Today is one of those bittersweet days in the life of a parent.  The first day of school always makes me both happy and sad.  This year is a new experience for me because this is the first time I've been off for most of the summer so I know I am going to miss having the kids around now that school has started.  It is also a big day for us because it's the first day of our baby's last year in elementary.  I'm not quite sure where the time went but it is definitely flying by!

To make it a special day for the kids, I decided to surprise them with a "Back to School Breakfast".
 They loved it and my son was really digging my first attempt at homemade doughnuts (I'll add the recipe in my next post).  

First, we saw our new 7th grader off....




And next it was time for our fifth grader to go.....there may have been tears involved.



Now what to do with myself during the days?  Hmmm I think I see lots of reading, cooking, writing and volunteering in my future.

Here's to a wonderful school year filled with learning and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment