Sunday, September 9, 2012

Mama's Cheatin' Dessert Pizza

I was just dishing up dinner for the fam tonight-some pasta, meatballs and a little thrown together Parmesan garlic pull apart bread-when there was a knock on the door.  To my absolute lack of surprise, it was my seventh graders best friend, J, and his little brother. Let me explain something about J.  We love him.  We joke that he is our adoptive son and child numero cinco.  My boy has never done well with friends and his social skills are not on par with his age level in general.  It thrilled us to pieces to have J in his life.  He is a great kid, he is polite, cleans up after himself and he stands up for my boy.  What mom could ask for more? But back to the knock on our door.  I am pretty sure J has an internal radar that alerts him when there is food to be had at our house.  I get the feeling that meals at his house aren't at all like ours.  He is always so geeked at anything I make like it is the most exciting food ever.  

Since the dessert I had planned was not enough for four kids, I had to throw something together quickly and so the idea for Mama's Cheatin' Dessert Pizza was born.  I'm sure someone else has thought of this recipe but it was the first time I tried this one myself.

Dessert Pizza

1 pkg. of crescent rolls
Margarine
Cinnamon sugar (I mix up a shaker jar of this myself)

Glaze

1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-2 tablespoons milk

1.  Preheat the oven to 375 & spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray
2.  Unroll the crescent rolls and lay them out flat on the cookie sheet  
3.  Spread margarine on each roll & sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
4.  Bake the crescent rolls for 10 minutes
5.  While the crescent rolls are baking, mix up the glaze adding more milk if necessary until it is a thin consistency
6.  Once the rolls are baked, drizzle the glaze over each piece

Viola!

No comments:

Post a Comment