Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Blowing their minds......

That's what my 12 year old boy tells me I've been doing to him and his little sister lately.  He was referring to the way I've been channeling Martha Stewart, Betty Crocker & Pinterest.  Not working has given me a LOT more time and it's allowed me to do many things that I've only contemplated in the past.  God has indeed blessed us.

So yesterday when Aidan walked in the door from school, he smelled one of his favorite scents....something sweet baking.  I swear, that kid has the nose of a hound dog.  I had found a cute idea on Pinterest and decided it would be simple and easy to make for dessert (and lunches!) last night.

My ingredients:  chocolate cupcakes & chocolate fudge frosting along with Oreos and M&M's

After you frost the cupcakes, open up the Oreo cookies carefully and place the frosted halves on the cupcakes like so:




Then you add the M&M's as the eyes and nose and voila! It's a cute big-eyed owl.

The kids loved them though they would be way too chocolate-y for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment