Monday, November 4, 2013

Mother/Daughter Craft Day

One of the many (many, many, many) blessings of being able to stay at home is the time I have had to devote to hobbies such as baking, cooking, and crafting.  My bestie calls me Betty C2 (Betty Crocker Cooking & Crafting) but she's just jealous of the time I have to do those things...as well as of my new craft desk but more on that later.  Anyway, a few weeks ago, my best friend & I got together with our daughters for an afternoon of crafting. 

Our first project was some wall art with the girl's initials:
This one was super easy, even for a crafting novice like myself.  We simply used a 12x12 piece of MDF from Hobby Lobby & mod podged some scrapbook paper on it.  Then the girls painted their wooden initial and I used a hot glue gun to attach that and the little black flower embellishment.  This one belongs to my daughter, Annika. 

And this one is Ali's (my besties kiddo):



After that, we made some flower headbands for the girls following these instructions:


The headbands were super easy, if a bit time consuming, to make.  The girls love them.  

All in all, it was a fun afternoon and we've already got a slumber party craft night planned for later this month.  I love the fact that this gives me something to do with my daughter so that we can continue to build a strong and loving relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment