Friday, November 8, 2013

A few small projects

While I've been MIA from the blogging world, I have been keeping myself busy with several projects both big and small.  Redoing our master bedroom would be one of the bigger ones but I thought I would share a few of the smaller ones today.

I had a great find recently at our local Dollar Tree of small glass jars.  I knew they would be perfect both for my crafting purposes but also for some of the homemade Christmas gifts I will be doing so I bought the entire lot of them.  For my craft storage, I painted the lids with chalkboard paint and now they are holding supplies like buttons, pom poms and googly eyes.
I also used Mod Podge and some adorable gray chevron scrapbook paper to cover my light switch and plug plates.

 And finally, I took three 12x12 canvases from Michaels and covered them with fabric.  Two canvases are covered in a black chevron and then I painted wooden letters to glue in the center and the third canvas is a print (tactfully called "busy" by my mother-in-law heh).

Stay tuned, I have a ton of projects in mind for the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment