Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Bedroom updates and a DIY craft desk

In all of the years we have lived in this house, and all of the room updates we have tackled, we somehow always skipped our master bedroom.  Now that the chemo treatments seem to have curbed some of my crazy hospitalizations, I finally decided enough was enough and began to work on our room.

A few before shots


It is not quite finished yet (I decided to retain my sanity and only paint one wall at a time) but here is a sneak peak into the progress.
 In addition to painting the room and adding new curtains, I also built myself a crafting table (one my bestie is entirely too envious of!).
 
 The desk was very easy to make.  I took two 6 cube ClosetMaid storage cubicals from Target and a 2x4 project panel from Home Depot that I painted black.  Viola!  I debated on using Liquid Nails but for now, I just have the 2x4 resting across in case I want to move the desk in the near future.  If I need more stability I will use Liquid Nails and some screws.

No comments:

Post a Comment