Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Back to Life

I don't want to jinx myself but I find that I am feeling somewhat hopeful that we've found a possible solution to the meningitis issue.  It has been almost a month and a half since I've had an incident and that's the longest I've gone since September.  I met with my rheumy last week and he has decided to wean me off the steroids in order to see if the Rituxan is working.  I am so excited to be off the steroids!  I am ready to take some of my life back from illness.  It's the first time in over a year where I find myself able to look forward and see things besides continued hospitalizations in my future.

From what I have read of other people's experiences with Rituxan, it sounds as if I might even get some of my energy back for the next few months.  Right now, I'm still dealing with some major exhaustion from the treatment itself but once that wears off, I have hopes that I will be able to become a bit more active.  I would really like to shed these steroid-induced pounds!  

I am so thankful to God and to all of the people who have been by my side through this.  Without all of you, I wouldn't have made it far enough to see a possible light at the end of the tunnel.     

No comments:

Post a Comment