Saturday, February 16, 2013

Ups and Downs

The last few weeks have been pretty uneventful health-wise.  I've been feeling really well, all things considered, minus the ever present exhaustion.  Thursday and Friday of this week laid me pretty low, with nausea & headaches but I seem to have rallied this morning which is a good thing.  I start chemo on Monday and since I am not sure how I will react to it, I'd like to get the house cleaned, laundry done, food prepped, etc. in case it knocks me out like the pill form did.  Other than that, I saw my neurologist this week and after looking at my MRI/MRA he gave me the all clear.  My brain looks great, especially for all that it has been through in the last 14 months.  

Beyond the medical stuff, life has been busy and good.  My oldest became a teenager on the 6th.  Where did the time go?  

He went from this:
To this:
He's grown into such a wonderful young man, I am so proud of him!  There are times when I catch myself wondering how their birth father & grandparents could walk away from them.  How could you even want to miss out on all these glorious childhood & teenage years?  What could ever possess you to think that not watching your kids/grandkids grow into their own personalities would be a good idea?  **sigh** I just have to let it go and be thankful that I am not the one missing out.

Other happy moments in the last few weeks included the beginning of a volunteer stint at church in our Refugee Ministry department and a sweet Valentine's Day dinner with my family.  I'm very excited about the volunteer opportunity.  I can already tell it's going to be fun and very fulfilling.  

I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend with my family.  Girls night with my littlest tonight and church with the family tomorrow.  God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment