Tuesday, October 30, 2012

There is a revolving door......

At the hospital for little ol' me.  You know it's sort of a mixed blessing when you get into ER and both the nurse and doctor recognize you.  The good side is that you don't have to go through your weird medical spiel all over again.  The bad side is that this means you've been there WAY. TOO. MANY. TIMES. 

I was admitted Saturday night for another attack of meningitis which is pretty scary considering it's only been less than two weeks since I was in there last time for the same thing.  Also, I was currently on 20mg of Prednisone which is supposed to keep the meningitis at bay.  Obviously not.  The only blessing of this trip is that they decided not to do a spinal tap so at least I'm not in a lot of pain now that I am home.  I was released this afternoon and it was so great to come back home.  I have a round of follow up appointments next week and hopefully that will get me closer to my referral as well as on some new meds that will do a better job of keeping the meningitis at bay.  

In the meantime, I am trying to be positive.  Some of you may know that due to this illness, I missed Christmas, New Years, my husband's birthday and my birthday with my family in the last 10 months.  We were supposed to carve pumpkins on Sunday and that hasn't been done yet. I highly doubt I will be up to doing it before Haloween itself.  I was also supposed to be the room mom for Ani's Halloween party tomorrow and I definitely won't be able to do that.  And finally, this will be the first time ever that I will not be able to take my kids trick or treating.  :(  

2 comments:

  1. Oh heavens...I had a spinal tap ONCE in my lifetime, it was awful. I wound up developing spinal headaches and they did a blood patch to correct the problem. It was rather amazing how quickly the headache went away after that patching. Prayers that you will be on the mend and God's healing hand will cradle you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've had 8 or 9 spinal taps since December. My first one caused spinal headaches as well and I went through the blood patch which was excruciating but took care of the pain pronto. I really appreciate all of your prayers!

    ReplyDelete