Saturday, October 27, 2012

Recovery....and two weeks of projects

Several times over the last almost two weeks I've sat down to work on another blog post.  And several times I was distracted.  Brain fog or exhaustion from SJS, kids, a book, an email, oh look...a squirrel! (did I mention brain fog?), and various sundry other things like housework, laundry, etc.  It seems to take longer and longer to bounce back to normalcy after a hospitalization.  I am so blessed that I am able to stay home because I have no idea how I could function in a work environment when I'm being hospitalized randomly for a week at a time and then spending another two weeks at home recovering.  

My biggest news from the past two weeks is that my general practitioner has graciously agreed to refer me on to a medical research hospital.  My Rheumatologist, whom I originally asked for a referral, refused on the basis that my meningitis is caused by the SJS which has no cure.  Bollocks!  The meningitis is such a rare symptom that it should be, in my humble opinion, reviewed by the absolute experts in the field.  My GP originally offered to refer me to Mayo but I put a call in to her this past week asking for a referral to Johns Hopkins as they actually have a Sjogren's Center at their facility.  If I'm going to go to the time and expense of traveling for medical purposes, I might as well go to the best right?

Some of my recent projects include:
Breakfast burritos made with turkey bacon, eggs, peppers & cheese that I made and froze for my wonderful hubby.  He struggles getting up in the morning and these make breakfast nice and quick for him.
 My fall floral arrangement in a pumpkin.  This is the second year I've done this and I love the way it looks.  I need to pick up another pumpkin so that I can gut it and do this for our Thanksgiving centerpiece as well.
A blinged out pumpkin I made for my youngest stepdaughter to take home since they do not carve pumpkins with their mom.
My first attempt at a strawberry cheesecake
Witchy cupcakes.  These were a big hit with the kids at our football party
My first attempt at homemade pasta sauce.  I was shooting for Prego....I think I have the right combination down now.
Pumpkin roll bars for my pumpkin freak.  I would assume they've passed inspection because he inhaled them without a word last night.

Since this mama has been up since 2:45 am and there are still 5 pounds of potatoes to be diced for the crock pot before I head to church for a parenting seminar at 9, I should probably stop lollygagging around on the 'net eh?

2 comments:

  1. Martha Stewart better watch her ass. You are coming up from behind. :) I'm so glad you have a bright star on the horizon re: the SJS. Miss you and think about you almost every day. Prayers to you love.

    ReplyDelete