Monday, October 15, 2012

Back to reality

It is so very odd to be able to say that I have to adjust to life outside of the hospital.  It's even odder to actually be used to this cycle of hospitalizations and returns to normalcy.  I told my husband today though that God has a purpose for this or else He would cure me so I need to see the bright side of things and to make the best of the situation.  Today's bright side is being back to MY life.  I was released from the hospital last Thursday but my mom was in town and that just doesn't mean normality here.  You know how it is when you have out of town guests....wanting to make sure they are always comfortable and don't need anything.  I understand my mom was here to help me out but you just can't break that learned habit.  My mom left for Illinois this morning and life is starting to settle down around me again, like the comfortable blanket it was before the latest meningitis disruption.  

It will be a relatively quiet week (due to the vociferous shouts to TAKE IT EASY from so many) but I am so glad to have some of my routine back.  This happened to be my monthly grocery shopping week so I will have to be wise and stretch out the shopping through next week so that I don't overdo it.  I do have some doctor appointments this week. Follow ups from the hospital and flu shots for the kids (due to the fact that I'm immunocompromised everyone here needs to have their flu shots in order to avoid bringing gunk home to me).  Other than that, it's just relaxing and preparing for our annual football party which will be this Saturday.  Since I have wonderful friends, everyone is going to be understanding and ignore the less than stellar cleaning.  :)  We have cheer tonight, youth group Wednesday night and Friday night is my church's monthly craft night where we can bring our individual crafts and get together for some fellowship.  

Today though I tackled the Sam's Club portion of my shopping.  I was sad to see that the only yeast I could buy there was instant, which I just don't nearly use as much of as regular yeast.  A good find though were the 5 pound bags of shredded cheese.  We go through a lot of shredded cheese in a month so I bought one of cheddar and one of Mozzarella and then just separated them out into 2 cup portions to freeze.  
Here is today's haul of cheese.  Obviously, the fancy shredded cheddar gave me more baggies than then Mozzarella but this should still last us until next month.  

I'm baking English muffin bread this afternoon because I've been seriously craving English muffins.  I hope this turns out.  After a little lie-down I'll head to my doctor to be told yet again that I'm a medical oddity, and then after dinner tonight my baby girl and I will go visit with a friend who just got back from vacation before we go to cheer.  

Here's to hoping the rest of you have a happy, uncomplicated week!

No comments:

Post a Comment