Monday, February 16, 2015

Trusting in the Lord

This morning I was tagged in one of those Facebook posts for a 7 day scripture challenge.  For the  next seven days, I have been asked to post a favorite verse and tag two new people.  Several years ago, during a very tough time in my life, I had a mantra.  Isaiah12:2:  I will trust and not be afraid.  The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my defense; He has become my salvation. When times got scary, I would repeat that verse over and over again because I couldn't even articulate prayers.  And that brought to mind how often the Lord took care of me when I saw no light at the end of my tunnel.

We found a lump in my breast.  Trust in the Lord.  It was only a cyst.

I was informed that I had Chiari Malformation.  Trust in the Lord.  It is very minor and currently causes no problems.

My husband got laid off.  Trust in the Lord.  The company I was working for at the time hired him and he is still employed there.  They have always been great for him regarding my illness, very understanding when he has to leave at a  moment's notice to take me to the hospital.

Needed new tires but couldn't afford them.  Trust in the Lord.  A friend had four new tires put on our van.

Money was tight and food was scarce.  Trust in the Lord.  An anonymous card arrived with a $300 grocery gift card.

I was hospitalized four times with no answers.  Trust in the Lord.  My rheumatologist figured out the problem and gave us hope for a solution.

Our stove and dryer both died in the same week.  Trust in the Lord.  A friend bought us a stove and another friend gave us a dryer.

Early on in my illness, I wasn't able to do simple every day things.  Trust in the Lord.  Friends and coworkers provided meals for over a month straight.  

I started chemo treatments and needed rides back and forth. Trust in the Lord.  Friends have provided rides back and forth for all of my rounds of chemo.

Sjogren's Syndrome has ruined my teeth and made me very uncomfortable out in public and with strangers.  Trust in the Lord.  A friend has offered to do all of my dental work for FREE!  Praise God!

My medical debt grew to scary and seemingly insurmountable levels.  Trust in the Lord.  A friend has started an online fundraiser to help with the debt.  

My newest challenge is leaving my family for three weeks to go to Germany for my dental work.  I am stressed and scared about the thought.  My family, especially  my husband, has always been my port in a storm.  I am leaving my husband to do both his job and mine during a season of particular busyness with concerts, orthodontics appointments and a crazy robotics schedule.  

I know what I need to do to get through all the fright and stress.  Trust in the Lord  



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment