Friday, February 6, 2015

Life Needs a Pause Button

I have always said that someone pushed a fast forward button on my life once I had kids.  It seems like life goes by so quickly while you have growing children in your home.  On one hand, it is awesome to see the person they are becoming.  On the other, it's terrifying to think how close your kiddos are to leaving the nest.

Today was one of those days though that I wished for a pause button.  Aidan, my little man, the one I used to call punkin' until he got too old and too cool for it, just turned 15.  


Instead of playing with Legos and watching cartoons, he is now at Robotic's practice six days a week and ordering his class ring.  He's talking about getting a summer job.  And driver's training.  Lord help.  We have less than three and a half school years before graduation.  How on earth did this happen so quickly?

Aidan is such a blessing.  He is growing into a sweet, kind and loyal young man.  If he comes home and I am in bed, his first question is "are you ok mom?"  He has really learned to go with the flow during my Sjogren's journey and more than once, he has had to be the one to make the call to Dad that I need to go to the hospital.  He is dedicated to his Robotic's team and loves what he does.  He has such a bright future ahead of him, but could it just wait a bit longer?

Being a mom is the toughest and best job I could have ever asked for.  It blesses me daily even when it stresses me out.  I love you Aidan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment