Monday, November 5, 2012

Just a little DIY project.....

I have a confession to make.  We have an ugly fridge.  It's ancient, hideous and an odd shade of almond with plenty of wear and tear.  But....but it works just fine so we have never been able to justify replacing it.  We've just lived with the ugly.  Until I found Pinterest that is.  

Now, until I had gotten sick and stopped working, I avoided Pinterest like the plague because everyone told me how addictive it was and I just didn't have the time to be surfing it all day.  Once time became something I had in abundance, I became an addict.  And it was there that I found the cure for my ugly fridge.  

Chalkboard paint.  


Genius I tell you!


Here is our homely fridge

 For a $10 container of black chalkboard paint I was able to make it look like something new and unusual!
 I also found a really cute idea on Pinterest to paint frames from the dollar store and add magnets to the back to make your fridge look a bit neater.  I still have a few more frames to paint but this is the finished product.  Now I just need to tackle repainting the ugly walls in the kitchen and this area will look sooooooooooo much better! That is a project for another month though....holidays are coming and it's time to focus on the homemade goodie bags I plan on making for friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment