Monday, November 26, 2012

Family, food, fun and all that jazz

I've been slacking on keeping up with my blog lately but I will shamelessly use the chemo to excuse the absence.  Truthfully, the treatments seem to be falling into a pattern.  I take it on Friday night and am out of the running until Wednesday morning.  I spend most of my time in either bed or on the couch, dozing or full out sleeping my days away.  By Wednesday I am almost back to normal though any activity (such as grocery shopping) is bound to wipe me out and require a three hour nap afterwards.  

Beyond the treatments, the last week and a half has been full of parent/teacher conferences, cheer, a girls night out (dinner and the final Twilight movie with my bestie), lots and lots of food prep and baking for Thanksgiving, the actual holiday, putting up the Christmas tree, our annual tradition of watching The Grinch with the family, a 16th birthday party for our teenager, and a date with my hubby.  Lots of fun, good food and even better company was had.  

I made Pilgrim cupcakes
An Irish Cream cheesecake
And two pumpkin pies for the weekend.  

We always put our tree up on Thanksgiving.  The two youngest help daddy sort the branches and spread them out for ease of assembly.  After dinner, we let them have at the ornaments.  Of course...we always have to go back and do some rearranging!
Amazingly enough, everyone got along fabulously this weekend!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment