Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder......Right?

Whew!  It's been a few months.  Sometimes time just gets away from me and all my good intentions to keep up on my  blog, my writing, my reading, etc. just goes by the wayside.  Something that I noticed after I had my first child was that becoming a parent was like pushing fast forward on the DVD player.  I never know where the time has gone.

We have hit a few milestones in the last few months.  Our oldest got her first job and has started drivers training (I am so not ready for this!), our youngest is finishing up her final year in elementary school and now all but one child is officially a teenager. 

The end of the school year is ending in a frenzy of activities....final concerts, school picnics, field days, a 5th grade camp trip, awards and graduation ceremonies and science fairs.  Tomorrow I will be chaperoning my daughter's camp trip....horseback riding (this I am very excited about!), canoeing (eh...) and zip lining (no thanks!).  She is so very excited that her mama is joining her class trip.  It reminds me yet again of how blessed I am to be able to stay home.  

If I still have any readers out there, I promise to try to be better about keeping up.  For now here are a few snapshots of our lives in the last few months.

 Introducing our refugee friends to the joys of coloring Easter eggs

Birthday cupcake cones for our newest teenager

Happy 13th Birthday Desiree!


 Homemade spa night with my girls

I'm off to watch my baby girl participate in her field day event. Here's to hoping I keep this updated better.  Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment