Friday, May 31, 2013

5th Grade Field Day & Camp

One of the many blessings of being a stay at home mom is the fact that I can be more actively involved with the kids at school.  It was great to be able to attend Annika's 5th grade field day at the high school and being a camp chaperone....well that was definitely an experience!

My little peanut running in the marathon

I have to say that it has been a bittersweet week for me.  Sweet because I love spending time with my kiddo and it makes her so happy to have her mama along.  Sad because this is it...she will officially be in middle school next year and while she'll always be my baby, she's growing up.

Ani and some of her besties
I keep telling her to make sure she keeps her friends close.  I have always regretted not staying in touch with a lot of my close friends from my youth.  I tell Ani she needs to make sure she has a friend like her Aunt Lea (my bestie) in her life.  It's vital!

Running in the 200 meter dash
Ani tells me that she might want to take up track once she can participate in sports (7th grade) in middle school.  She & I are going to try the Couch to 5K program this summer. 

Ani & one of our refugee friends, Ornella
 I am so glad that God lead me to volunteering with the refugees.  It has enriched our lives and been a great experience for our kids.

Camp was a fun yet thoroughly exhausting day.  The kids had a blast though and that's all that matters.

Ani & some classmates canoeing

A little horseback riding

And facing her fears on the high ropes course

 Coming down the zip line

I was in bed by 7 last night since two days going really kicked my rear end but it was so worth it.  Thank you Heavenly Father, for giving me such wonderful opportunities!

No comments:

Post a Comment